- Our appointment system allows quick and easy access to a doctor.
- Our phone lines are open from 8am, for an on the day consultation with a doctor.
- You can telephone the surgery anytime between 8am and 6pm, Monday - Friday.
- Our Receptionists will check your contact details.
- You will be contacted by a GP, who in consultation with you, will decide on the best treatment for you.
- If necessary, you may be asked to come in to see the doctor.
There will be expectations for people with Learning Difficulties, deaf, Language difficulties and anyone who does not have a telephone. (They will still be able to book appointments at reception).
REMEMBER - many Minor Ailments can be treated (free) by the local Pharmacist.
In a few cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice Nurses are qualified to deal with many ailments.
A full list of services and clinics can be found on the relevant page of this website.
What happens if you arrive late for your appointment
If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you will be asked to take a seat whilst the Receptionist speaks with the relevant clinician to see if you can still be seen.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason, please inform us as soon as possible (0161 498 8484) for us to give the appointment to someone else.